Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Incorporating Technology

Incorporating technology into the classroom is very important to students as well as teachers. It is important because both students and teachers can use different technological devices in ordinary teaching lessons or assessments. It engages students more and it is something teachers can learn more about when incorporating technology.
Some benefits include being able to include students in the lesson rather than just teaching them. For example, using a smartboard can help get students active in a lesson rather than just sitting at their desk. Another benefit from technology is that students and teachers can stay up to date with all the new devices coming out. If we constantly use technology we wont fall behind in our 21st century life styles. Students can also use technology devices, like blogging, in a classroom for teacher/peer grading and assessment. It can be used to help one another, rather than your typical interview fashion assessment. These are just a few benefits, but the list can go for pages.
There are many important lessons that I will take with me from this class. Such lessons would be the new information learned about the different Microsoft programs and the tools in them I did not know about. They make papers and organizers so much neater and organized. Also, the different programs I had never heard of like Inspiration. Many of these programs can make a teachers life so much easier and I will be sure to keep these programs when making papers and such. The smartboard lessons are very useful and I will take them with me if I have a smartboard in my classroom because I would like to keep students engaged in the lesson. Using the different technological devices like the smartboard will keep students interested in what I am teaching. Many, if not all the skills I have learned this semester are very important to me, and I hope that my school will one day allow me to use these type of ideas and devices to have a wonderful, technological classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment