Saturday, September 19, 2009

Social Bookmarking

Social bookmarking is a very useful tool. I believe it has a very important application in any classroom whether it be elementary up through college.

In an elementary class I can see social bookmarking as a huge benefit to me as the teacher as well as the students. In the classroom I can use social bookmarking websites to enhance lessons or activities that were taught. As a teacher I can tag and save these websites that might be good for following up on a lesson for the students. The websites I can bookmark can easily be located on my computer from home or school and I can have access to these links wherever. The students can also look at these sites if they have problems or any questions on things we might have already covered in a lesson. As for the students not only are they able to further their knowledge on these sites, but they can also share this information with other students. For example, if a student finds a website with good information about a topic they are studying they can share with their friends if they are working on a project together. And, if these sites are all book marked the students have a ready bibliography or list of resources to give a teacher already organized.

As for an Albright student I believe social bookmarking can help me. I believe this because many professors give students different websites to find information on and if they have a diigo page or some sort of social bookmarking page it is easier for the student to find web links rather than just searching for them via internet browser. I feel like if the professor can tag and organize the links on a social bookmarking page it would save the student and professor a lot of time that both parties can use from every year on.

No comments:

Post a Comment