Friday, September 25, 2009

Favorite Web Resources

In the last couple weeks of instructional tech I have learned about many different web browsers. There are many different resources I can see myself using in the classroom because of how good they are.

First off, I really enjoy the site 4teachers. It has so many different helpful resources in preparing lessons and general aids for the classroom. I probably would use this site the most because of the many different resources it has on this one site. Such features include a design of your classroom. It can help with how I would like to rearrange my room with every piece of furniture I might have, and I can even type in the dimensions of room to see how things will fit to scale. This can be very useful, because a lot of times teachers are unsure of how to arrange their room that is good for positive learning. Another resource on this website is the note to parents section where it gives you outlines of how to write a letter that needs to be sent home. Such examples include field trip forms or notes going home about behavior. This can be extremely useful because it will help save time when you need to write letters to parents about things. This site is also interactive with students because of the available activities that are used to enforce learning. Another important tool on this site is the rubistar application. This can be very helpful when grading projects or papers or any type of assignment in class for the students. I can make the rubric to whatever type of assignment it is that I have given and give each student one. This way they will have exactly what I'm looking for on any one assignment given.

This website would probably be the site that I use the most for many of my classroom tools. There is so much on this site that it can help in many ways. Every way that I just explained would be a major help in organizing my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment